2023 Summer Reading List
It’s time to kick back and relax with a book or two!
We’ve put together the perfect reading list for all your summer adventures; whether you’re headed for the beach, the mountains, or a nearby couch, these books will be excellent additions to your collection!
Here is what our team will be reading this summer…
– “Smart Brevity: The Power of Saying More with Less” by Jim VandeHei, Mike Allen, and Roy Schwartz: Through anecdotes and real-world examples, Smart Brevity shows you how to cut through the noise and deliver your message effectively. Whether you’re crafting a speech, pitching a project, or writing a blog post, the lessons in this book will help you distill your message into its most essential components.
– “Poverty, By America” by Matthew Desmond: Poverty, By America looks at why 15% of the country lives in chronic poverty. The U.S. spends more on healthcare than any other industrialized country, but we have relatively low life expectancy and high infant mortality, creating a shadow society and a huge drag on national productivity.
– “The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing” by Benjamin Graham: With Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger having led another 5+ hour shareholder meeting, at age 92 and 99, respectively, I thought it might be time to re-read what Warren calls the “bible of investing” from his mentor, Benjamin Graham. Graham is oft cited for being the founder of the value investing philosophy and has significantly influenced many Wall Street and Main Street investors.
– “The Customer Revolution in Healthcare: Delivering Kinder, Smarter, Affordable Care for All” by David Johnson: This book is an essential guide for those who seek to understand and participate in the changing landscape of healthcare. Johnson provides readers with a clear, concise, and accessible account of the challenges and opportunities facing patients, providers, payers, and policymakers as they navigate this complex and dynamic industry.
– “The Midnight Library” by Matt Haig: The Midnight Library is an inspiring tale that takes readers on an emotional journey. At its heart, this book explores the themes of hope, second chances, and the pursuit of happiness.
– “A Healthcare Leader’s Guide to Successful Mergers & Acquisitions: a compendium of insights” by Rex Burgdorfer and Jordan Shields: From objective-setting to identifying and selecting a partner to making it through regulatory review, navigating a hospital M&A process can be complex and daunting. This book provides a start-to-finish look at what it takes to successfully complete a hospital transaction. The book includes articles from Juniper Advisory and leading partners in the field about partnership evaluations, transaction structures, legal considerations, communications and more.
Download the E-Book HERE.
– “Minds Wide Shut: How the New Fundamentalisms Divide Us” by Gary Saul Morson and Morton Schapiro: Minds Wide Shut is an eye-opening book that takes readers on a journey through the dangerous landscape of new fundamentalisms that are tearing apart our society. The book provides a nuanced analysis of the ways in which dogmatic ideologies have crept into various spheres of modern life, from religion and politics to technology and culture.
What will you be reading this summer?
Share your answer with us!