Barry Sagraves Interviewed for McDermott Will & Emery’s Governing Health Podcast Series
Juniper Advisory’s Barry Sagraves was interviewed for Governing Health, a monthly podcast series hosted by the law firm McDermott Will & Emery. Barry, in conversation with McDermott Will & Emery partner Michael Peregrine, presented “Board Oversight of Health Care M&A.”
The podcast, a resource for hospital and health system board members, explored the latest trends in health system partnerships and the shifting factors that may be changing the way transactions are considered and carried out today.
Some topics explored in the interview include:
– Availability of potential partners and the “right time” for a partnership exploration
– Growing public acceptance of the exploration of strategic options by independent hospitals
– Role of economic and non-economic considerations in a process
– Uptick in number of partnerships being pursued by governmental hospitals
– Role of population health and vertical integration in the consideration of a partner
– National macro-factors, including insurance risk corridors and state Medicaid funding and waivers
Click here to listen to the full podcast.