Change, the One Constant
It is difficult to not get swept up into the tidal wave of speculative news about the changes that health systems may confront as we move into 2017. Every day brings more questions that only build upon the uncertainty of the previous news cycle. The delivery of high-quality, efficient, and affordable care in America is a complicated endeavor that may only grow more complex as the system is reconfigured. Regardless of legislative change ahead, the trend toward value-based care continues to grow more important.
At Juniper Advisory we wanted to take a step away from the cloud of conjecture to remind ourselves of an important fact: Change in healthcare is the constant. A healthcare industry that is not undergoing change is not evolving. The improvement of healthcare for a community involves embracing change, because it is within this acceptance that groundbreaking innovation is possible.
When one considers what lies ahead for healthcare, this concept of ongoing change hopefully provides a sense of relief and comfort. While we do not know where exactly the path ahead leads, we can look back and remember our capacity to weather change and evolve. At Juniper, we have been advising hospitals and health systems for nearly 30 years. Think of all the change that has taken place in healthcare delivery over this span of time. It has been an honor and privilege to work alongside those who strive to improve the health of the greater community.
While we do expect strategic partnerships and affiliations to continue to be an important contributor to improved efficiency within the healthcare system, we do not have answers for all the challenges that will be faced in 2017 and beyond. Yet, the Juniper team remains committed to helping our clients confront this next wave of change with the same energy and purpose that has driven us for almost three decades.
As we look forward to 2017, we hope everyone will take a moment to pause and reflect on what unites us in healthcare: the desire to preserve and improve the health of our children, parents, friends, and neighbors.
Thank you for your continued trust in us. From all of us at Juniper, we wish you a prosperous New Year.
Recent Articles & Speaking Engagements
– IAHA Health Law Symposium
– The Governance Institute Leadership Conference
– Hospital 100 Leadership & Strategy Conference
– “Partnership Road Map: Navigating Successful Health System Integration”
– “Do Hospital Affiliations Risk Becoming the Next Brexit?”
– “Defending the Deal: The AG Review Process in Nonprofit Hospital Conversions”
– “What Today’s Hospital Leaders Can Learn From Downton Abbey”
– “Responding to the HIT Imperative: A Guide for Independent Hospitals”
– “Affiliations: Matching Objectives and Risks”
– “The Hospital Joint Venture Handbook”
2016 Select Client Initiatives
– UChicago Medicine Grows with Ingalls Health System
– Aria Health Joins Jefferson
– Alpena Regional Medical Center Joins MidMichigan Health
– Community Health Center of Branch County Forms Partnership with ProMedica