Jordan Shields has been with Juniper since 2011 and has 25 years of experience advising not-for-profit hospitals and universities on strategic and financial issues. Prior to Juniper, Jordan was a member of the health system advisory groups at Navigant and Ernst & Young.
Jordan holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management, where he was named Top Student in Health Industry Management by the faculty. He earned his BA from Bowdoin College where he was awarded Honors in Economics for his work measuring the impact of tax exemptions on not-for-profit organizations.
- “A Glimmer of Hope for Rural Obstetrics.” The Governance Institute. October 2023.
- “Post-COVID-19 Future of U.S. Health Care.” Trustee, American Hospital Association. November 2021.
- “Toxic Individualism and Its Impact on Our Healthcare System.” The Governance Institute. October 2021.
- “Post-Pandemic Provider Realignment 2.0: If the Past 12 Months Taught Us Anything.” The Governance Institute. May 2021.
- “What if Trader Joe’s Ran Hospitals?” The Governance Institute. November 2020.
- “Provider Realignment Post-Pandemic.” The Governance Institute. June 2020.
- “Assessing Hospital Preparedness for COVID-19 by Affiliation Status.” Juniper Advisory. May 2020.
- “Public Hospitals and Partnerships.” Trustee, American Hospital Association. February 2018.
- “Navigating Successful Health System Integration.” Trustee, American Hospital Association. September 2016.
- “Do Hospital Affiliations Risk Becoming the Next Brexit?” Becker’s Hospital Review. July 2016.
- “3 Compensation Structures for a More Successful Transaction.” Becker’s Hospital Review. November 2015.
- “The Expanding Range of Strategic Alternatives Available in Hospital System Mergers and Acquisitions.” The Governance Institute. August 2014.
- “Protecting Corporate Value in Affiliation Transactions.” Healthcare Financial Management. April 2014.
- “Developing a Hospital Transaction Strategy and Process.” Juniper Advisory/McDermott Will & Emery White Paper. October 2013.
- “Parallel Paths to Realignment: Consolidation in Commercial Banking Offers a Glimpse of Health Care’s Future.” Trustee, American Hospital Association. October 2013.
- “Is Bigger Always Better? Exploring the Risks of Health System Mega-Mergers.” Becker’s Hospital Review. March 2013.
- “Current Trends in Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions.” Healthcare Financial Management. March 2012.
- “Protecting Corporate Value during an Ownership Transition.” The Governance Institute. January 2012.
- “Community Considerations for Hospital Transactions.” The Governance Institute. September 2011.
- “Consolidation Transactions: Will They Make a Comeback?” The Governance Institute. July 2011.